Roberta journal

Hello, today was a rough day.  My husband and I went out to help our daughter and soon to be son-in-law with their tap cleaning business.  Things for the most part went pretty well but my husband had a possible cancerous mole removed from his back yesterday the size of a quarter.  He has about 13 stitches and his back was hurting very badly.  On top of that, my neuropathy in my feet from my chemotherapy was acting up and my feet and the rest of my body were hurting like the dickens.  So between my husband’s pain and my neuropathy we were 2 hurting units!  Tomorrow I go in for my next round of chemotherapy which I am not looking forward to but it is better than the alternative!  Well thank you all for listening.  😎😎😎

Comments

• Hello, I am new to the Sane program and I am so hopeful that this program can help me lose weight and finally keep it off!  I am currently going through Chemotherapy for the third time in 2 years.  I have Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer.  I was in remission for one full year but then it came back.  I am very optimistic that I can put it back into remission but it will take time.  😊😊😊
  • Hello, I went for treatment today and unfortunately my white blood cell count was down so no treatment today.  It’s not the end of the world and I am pretty healthy overall so no need to be upset.  Other than no treatment I am having a good day and I am very thankful to be alive!  The sun is mostly shining and the temperature is currently about 48 degrees.  It’s a Great Tator!  ☺️☺️☺️
  • JoAnnRoss
    edited January 2022
    Hi @RobertaStark and welcome to the SANE program. I joined in February, 2021 and really enjoy the support group. You are very brave IMHO for both doing chemo and starting the SANE program at the same time.  As I am not a cancer survivor, I really cannot know what you are going through, but I do know that you will find lots of support on here with any questions you might have about how the SANE program works. I wish you all the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care.
  • Thank you so much @JoAnnRoss that is very kind of you.  Overall I am doing quite well and feel good most of the time.  ❤️🥰❤️
  • Welcome aboard @RobertaStark.  I joined Aug. 20, 2018.  Best wishes for continued healing and your journey to improved health on so many fronts.
  • Thank you for your kind words @SpringRyding.  I am looking forward to this journey.
  • MoniqueStamps
    edited January 2022
    Hello @RobertaStark. Glad you're here on this awesome SANE journey with us! I pray that you continue on your path to healing with such inspiring optimism. 💖
  • Welcome to our SANE family once again @RobertaStark! Glad to share your journey, and I love your optimism. Staying positive is so important in our healing journey.
  • Ouch, ouch, ouch @RobertaStark.  I hope you both get relief from the pain soon.
  • thank you @SpringRyding.  I really appreciate all of your words of encouragement, it is very encouraging!  🌹🌹🌹
  • Hello, I have a question if someone would kindly answer it.  I hear a lot about eating all of your non-starchy vegetables in one day but what if you are not hungry and how will it affect your servings for the day?  Thanks in advance.
  • Hi @RobertaStark. I can relate to your question in a way, I find myself getting completely full and satisfied eating a salad before I can finish it. I do not worry at all about the actual amount of nonstarchy veggies, proteins and whole food fats that I may or may not have consumed in my salad. I just know that everything in my salad was completely SANE and that my tummy is happy. 

I wouldn't force eating if you are not hungry. Focus on eating SANEly when you are. Remember progress over perfection as you slowly get acclimated to eating more non starchy veggies. There is an ideal or suggested amount in each of the daily servings goals, but do not force yourself or worry about getting it all in everyday when you are not hungry. Email your coach @Debora_SANECoach to help you with a plan to incorporate non starchy veggies into your meals  that work best for you. Hope this helps.
  • @RobertaStark, I'd add to that excellent advice, that it's the ratios or proportions of the SANE foods that is more important than the actual quantity. There is a picture of a plate in the 7 Days to SANE book I linked to in the answer to your question earlier that gives a good visual of what proportions should be.  You can make the plate smaller or the plate larger if you like.
  • Thank you @Monique_SANECoach for the excellent advice, I keep forgetting progress over perfection.  I love my vegetables and eat quite a bit of them I just have problems with the portions.  Also, thank you @SpringRyding for your advice as well.  I will review the picture of the plate in the 7 Days to SANE book.  😉😉👌
  • You are very welcome @RobertaStark @SpringRyding this is absolutely great advice to refer to the SANE plate in 7 Days to SANE Ebook 💖

SpringRyding said:
    @RobertaStark, I'd add to that excellent advice, that it's the ratios or proportions of the SANE foods that is more important than the actual quantity. There is a picture of a plate in the 7 Days to SANE book I linked to in the answer to your question earlier that gives a good visual of what proportions should be.  You can make the plate smaller or the plate larger if you like.

• Hello everyone, I hope all is well.  Things are going pretty good.  We have been very busy lately with taxes, doctor appointments, and my husband starting up his service truck business again.  Harvest is coming up quick and the dairy’s he works for already has him working on their tractors etc.  the weather is getting nicer here in Western Washington every day.  Almost past the rainy season thank goodness.  I am waiting to hear about my latest CT Scan, hoping it will be good news.  I am staying Very Positive!  Talk to all of you soon.  🙂🙂🙂
  • @RobertaStark I agree, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need. It is also great to ask your questions here since everyone can see and learn from the answers, and you also get different tips.

I tend to get most of my veggies for breakfast and lunch, and sometimes I am not that hungry for dinner. I had times when all I have for dinner was some Greek yogurt, granola, with some whey protein. I didn’t want to go to bed without eating anything (don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night hungry), and I also didn’t feel like eating a full meal. It doesn’t happen very often, but I do listen to my body. If I’m not very hungry, I won’t force myself.